If you have ANY respiratory symptoms please phone reception on 6680 7788. This includes ANY of the following: Sore throat, fever, cough, runny nose, or trouble breathing.
Please do not arrive at the clinic without prior warning, even if you have an appointment. Please call ahead, and our staff will look after you.
Currently, online bookings are restricted to phone appointments. We are taking every measure to keep you and our staff safe while continuing to provide the care our community needs.
Choose The Bright Side Clinic - where your health comes first
We use only evidence-based methods of healthcare delivery so you can be sure you’re receiving quality treatment based on professional training and experience.
Our location in the West Byron Shopping Village has ample free parking and less traffic jams. With a pharmacy and radiology next door, you can meet your medical needs quickly and conveniently in one place.
Our diverse team offers a wide range of medical and allied health services for you and your family, helping take care of your physical and mental wellbeing.
Bulk Billing Available
We offer bulk billing to all health care card holders, pension card holders and school children. We’re committed to providing accessible medical care for every member of the community.
The Novel Coronavirus is a global pandemic. The virus itself is called SARS-COV2, the illness it causes is called COVID-19.
What can you do if you are concerned you may have it?
First, thoroughly read the latest information at https://www.health.gov.au
After reading the latest information at the link above, CALL your GP. Please let reception know that you are specifically concerned that you have cold or flu-like symptoms. Wait at home until you hear back from the clinic. If you are very unwell, CALL your local Emergency Department. They will advise you about what to do next.
PLEASE CALL. DO NOT ARRIVE AT A CLINIC OR EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT WITH COLD OR FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS WITHOUT CALLING AHEAD.
What can you do to minimise your risk of catching it?
At this stage of the pandemic, we should all be practicing Extreme Social Distancing. What does this mean?
- Stay home unless it is absolutely unavoidable. Go to work if you work in an 'essential' industry. Go out to buy a sensible amount of food. Go literally nowhere else. If you are sick or need your regular medication, call your GP.
- When out, stay 1.5m away from other people. Wash your hands frequently, especially after touching something communal like a door handle or trolley. Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with people. Do not hug, shake hands or use touch to greet people.
- Take this seriously. Encourage people you know to take it seriously. Inform yourself about what is happening in Italy, other parts of Europe and the USA. Social distancing is our most powerful move against this virus.
- Stay home. Practice extreme social distancing.
Welcome to The Bright Side - your local Byron Bay doctors
Our medical centre The Bright Side Clinic in Byron Bay, provides a multidisciplinary approach to health to prevent and treat a range of medical conditions. Patients visit us from all over Northern NSW including Byron Bay, Mullumbimby, Ocean Shores, Bangalow, Ballina, Lennox Head and surrounds.
Rather than making appointments at different times and places, our Byron Bay doctors and allied health professionals are accessible in one convenient location to save you time and make it easier for you to prioritise your health.
Contact us for:
- Family health
- Skin cancer clinic
- Preventative health
- Mental health
- Sexual health
- Exercise Physiology
- Blood tests and pathology
- Travel medicine
Why choose The Bright Side Clinic as your preferred Medical Centre in Byron Bay?
- A diverse and experienced team of doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and support staff
- Commitment to evidence-based medicine
- Convenient location with lots of parking
- Next door to a pharmacy and radiology
- Bulk billing for health care cards, pension cards, school kids through to year 12 and all skin checks
- Focus on mental health
- Medicare rebates transferred instantly