PANDEMIC UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Your health and safety remains our top priority. Temperature checks are are required when attending the clinic in person, and masks are now OPTIONAL but recommended. For more about this, please click here.
- If you are sick, go to the fever clinic at Byron Hospital. If you're not sure if you need a test, arrange a phone appointment with your doctor.
- Please keep informed about the latest hotspots. Please be truthful when discussing any recent travel with our staff.
- We are participating in the COVID-19 Vaccination rollout from Monday March 22. Please be patient as the rollout will be slow, but everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one over the coming months.
- You are able to book a vaccination online via our regular bookings page or the HotDoc app.
- To check your eligibility for the vaccine, click here.
- As at March 2021, PHONE and VIDEO APPOINTMENTS REMAIN AVAILABLE. In-person appointments are also available. Please observe social distancing while in the clinic.
- In accordance with the public health advice, masks are now OPTIONAL but recommended for all staff, patients and carers attending The Bright Side Clinic.
- We strongly encourage everyone to buy or make cloth masks.
For information on making a cloth mask, click here.
If you have ANY respiratory symptoms please phone reception on 6680 7788. This includes ANY of the following: Sore throat, fever, cough, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste, and difficulty breathing.
Please remain 1.5m from other people when in the clinic, including when with the doctor. Phone appointments are available.
Please call us if you have any questions.
Choose The Bright Side Clinic - where your health comes first
We use only evidence-based methods of healthcare delivery so you can be sure you’re receiving quality treatment based on professional training and experience.
Our location in the West Byron Shopping Village has ample free parking and less traffic jams. With a pharmacy and radiology next door, you can meet your medical needs quickly and conveniently in one place.
Our diverse team offers a wide range of medical and allied health services for you and your family, helping take care of your physical and mental wellbeing.
Bulk Billing Available
We offer bulk billing to all health care card holders, pension card holders and school children. We’re committed to providing accessible medical care for every member of the community.
The Novel Coronavirus is a global pandemic. The virus itself is called SARS-COV2, the illness it causes is called COVID-19.
What can you do if you are concerned you may have it?
First, thoroughly read the latest information at https://www.health.gov.au
After reading the latest information at the link above, CALL your GP. Please let reception know that you are specifically concerned that you have cold or flu-like symptoms. Wait at home until you hear back from the clinic. If you are very unwell, CALL your local Emergency Department. They will advise you about what to do next.
PLEASE CALL. DO NOT ARRIVE AT A CLINIC OR EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT WITH COLD OR FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS WITHOUT CALLING AHEAD.
What can you do to minimise your risk of catching it?
At this stage of the pandemic, we should still be practicing Social Distancing. What does this mean?
- Avoid crowded indoor spaces. Most community outbreaks are linked to places like restaurants, bars and gyms. If you are sick or at risk and need your regular medication, call your GP.
- When out, stay 1.5m away from people not in your group. Wash your hands frequently, especially after touching something communal like a door handle or trolley. Avoid touching your face. Wear a mask when social distancing is not possible.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with people. Do not hug, shake hands or use touch to greet people.
- Take this seriously. Encourage people you know to take it seriously. Inform yourself about what is happening in the USA and where the current hotspots in Australia are.
- If you are sick, get tested and stay home.
Welcome to The Bright Side - your local Byron Bay doctors
Our medical centre The Bright Side Clinic in Byron Bay, provides a multidisciplinary approach to health to prevent and treat a range of medical conditions. Patients visit us from all over Northern NSW including Byron Bay, Mullumbimby, Ocean Shores, Bangalow, Ballina, Lennox Head and surrounds.
Rather than making appointments at different times and places, our Byron Bay doctors and allied health professionals are accessible in one convenient location to save you time and make it easier for you to prioritise your health.
Contact us for:
- Family health
- Skin cancer clinic
- Preventative health
- Mental health
- Sexual health
- Exercise Physiology
- Blood tests and pathology
- Travel medicine
Why choose The Bright Side Clinic as your preferred Medical Centre in Byron Bay?
- A diverse and experienced team of doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and support staff
- Commitment to evidence-based medicine
- Convenient location with lots of parking
- Next door to a pharmacy and radiology
- Bulk billing for healthcare card holders, pension card holders, children and students through to year 12
- Focus on mental health
- Medicare rebates transferred instantly (for payments made in person)